Directions to Braidwood Trial for 17/18 June

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Directions to Braidwood Trial for 17/18 June

Postby Joe Law » Tue 13 Jun 2006 6:06 pm

Directions and Map have been posted out to all competitors along with your competitor number(s) but with the long weekend taken into consideration we may be cutting things a little fine. The directions read: 1. Travel along the Kings Highway from Bungendore towards Braidwood. 2. On the outskirts of Braidwood (about 300m before you reach the town) turn left on the Nerriga Road. 3. Travel approximately 25 km. until you cross a bridge over the Mongarlowe River. 4.Immediately after the bridge look for the GUNDOG TRIAL sign and turn left into the trial property
Joe Law

Postby Colleen Davis » Wed 14 Jun 2006 9:23 am

Hi Joe (or anyone else who might know)
Is there a quicker way to get to the property if coming from Sydney/Goulburn? From memory the road to Nerriga heads north so seems like a long way to go all the way down to Braidwood then head north again for 25kms.
Colleen
Colleen Davis

Postby Joe Law » Wed 14 Jun 2006 10:55 am

Colleen, there is a good sealed road that runs from Goulburn and meets the Kings Highway approximately 28 km nort-west of Braidwood. There are some minor unsealed roads that leave the Goulburn to Kings Hwy road and head accross in the direction of the trial site but it is some time since I travelled this route. From memory there are a number of low level crossings on these roads and I wouldn't know how you would fare at the moment. Trial manager, Geoff Cole, lives in the area and I would suspect has a much better idea of the advisability of travelling these back roads. Geoff can be contacted on (02)48428147.
Joe Law

Return to 2006