Working Labrador Stud required SA

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Working Labrador Stud required SA

Postby Alex Withers » Sun 04 May 2014 11:43 pm

Dear Retrieving Aust,

I am a search and rescue dog handler based out of Adelaide. We currently are servicing the South Australian Urban Search & Rescue Task Force with a k9 disaster search capability. Within our group we have a very nice Labrador bitch that has shown herself to be a nice search dog with good drive and a sound work ethic. The bitch is currently in season and the handler in conjunction with myself has decided that if a suitable stud can be found that we would undertake a breeding at the next season. We are both new to working retrievers in Australia, the handler coming from a service dog background in the UK and I am currently working my first labby making the move from German Shepherds. We are looking to our next generation of search dogs within the group and would like the opportunity to improve on the potential we have.

I am asking if any breeders out there know of / or have a working line stud in South Australia and are prepared to discuss the option of a breeding with our labby search dog bitch?

Kind Regards

Alex Withers
President
Southern Cross Search Dogs SA inc
M: 0431 855 281
E: withers.alex@samfs.sa.gov.au , mydoguschi@gmail.com
Alex Withers

Return to General