Servo's for Bumper Boy

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Servo's for Bumper Boy

Postby Peter and Helen Eley » Fri 23 Oct 2015 4:11 pm

Some time ago I did see a thread on this subject. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I have been to a hobby shop and purchased what appears to be the same item as on the bumper boy but when connected it moves in the wrong direction. Reversing the connection did not work and the wires were not the same color as on the bumper boy wiring loom. Suggestions please
Peter and Helen Eley

Re: Servo's for Bumper Boy

Postby Kerry Webster » Sat 24 Oct 2015 5:31 pm

That was probably over a year ago when we were talking about servos. I went online and got 10 from a Chinese supplier. They worked out at about $10.00 each, but you need to measure your old servo to compare sizes, and stipulate you want an anti clockwise, pulse, action. They are very difficult to find and I have bought some at times thinking they were correct only to find they don't fit, or as you found with yours, don't have a pulse action. The number of the ones you want are GWS S03N STD. It is difficult finding the exact same servos I'm afraid, but google them and you may be lucky. If you find the right ones, buy a lot. I have almost gone through all of mine as the servos keep fizzling out on the BB's.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Gareth Tawton » Mon 26 Oct 2015 9:11 pm

I can buy them off the shelf from the local hobby shop for about $14ea. Kerry is right you must stipulate the direction.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Carlo Iacobucci » Thu 12 Nov 2015 8:59 pm

Gareth, do you have a part number and contact details as I would like to get a couple to keep as spares just in case even though mine have functioned perfectly for years. Hope I have not spoken too soon.
Thanks,
Carlo
Carlo Iacobucci

Return to General