Bending the rule (book)

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

oops

Postby Rick Johnston » Sat 22 Nov 2003 8:29 am

sorry posted this under the wrong topic.yes i'm from the country.
Rick Johnston

Postby Prue Winkfield » Sat 22 Nov 2003 2:27 pm

Agree Rick - that is why we should do what they do in Qld - 3 stakes each day. It is not much fun driving 2 or 3 hours to compete once either (recent double headers some with only one Novice and nearly all with only one Restricted - please don't say go in AA before you are ready as you will be out in the first run which doesn't help anyone!) :)
Prue Winkfield

Postby Wayne Parkinson » Sat 22 Nov 2003 2:28 pm

Now who do I know from woomelang?

:wink:

If you haven't had a triple blind out hunting then you haven't done enough hunting near cover. When a dog goes into the cover to retrieve a bird it's very easy to have 3 more birds down before it comes back out.

And as for birds being shot when the dog is on the way out or back, this happens all the time. There is absolutely no guarantee where the dog will be when another bird is hit.

Paul you are so right about the dogs not retrieving all game you shoot.
If the birds are coming into one spot we often shoot 40 or 50 meters apart. The dogs usually get sent for alternate birds or given whichever bird will give them the longest retrieve.

These scenarios assume that you are hunting over experienced dogs.

Wayne P.
Wayne Parkinson

Postby Paul Littlejohn » Sat 22 Nov 2003 4:21 pm

Fair point Bush, I sometimes forget how big my home state is.
Paul Littlejohn

Previous

Return to General