Judging Upgrade

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Judging Upgrade

Postby Dale Marshall » Fri 26 Jun 2020 5:39 pm

Hi All, a few questions regarding a judging upgrade,
In states other than Tasmania ,when you apply to upgrade are you required to join the Ankc judging scheme again?
Has anyone done their upgrade( practical exam) in a state they are not a resident of without their states permission?
Has anyone done their practical upgrade exam in another state with permission of their state body.?
In Tasmania we only have two championship judges, one was a mentor and cannot assess you for an upgrade , so leaves one.
Cannot be assessed as you need two championship judges,
My reason for asking these questions is
It is a National accredited judging scheme isn’t it,
Or is it?
Dale Marshall

Re: Judging Upgrade

Postby Paul Hamson » Tue 30 Jun 2020 4:37 pm

Hi Dale
Greg Meeve lives in NSW near the QLD border and I believe he did his assessment in QLD where he normally trials. I am pretty certain the NSW RAFT recommended Greg be assessed in QLD as it wasn’t practicable for Greg to do it in NSW.
Regards
Paul
Paul Hamson

Postby Lynette Lennell » Thu 02 Jul 2020 11:00 am

Hi Dale
When I upgraded my Judging Licence from Novice to Restricted, I was granted permission from the SA Raft advisory to have my practical assessment done in Victoria which was gratefully organized by Noel Eltringham, and I was assessed by Heather Ellis and Jim Hargreaves.

I was fortunate to have been able to do this during the week between the Vic State And National several years ago.

Due to the lack of competitive Restricted dogs in SA at the time we took full advantage of a broader range of dogs in Vic

Hope this answers some questions for you
Regards
Lynette
Who needs kids when you can have 2 Black Labs
Lynette Lennell

Postby Robert Tawton » Sun 05 Jul 2020 10:00 am

HI Dale,
In the past I have been asked to assess the performance of certain SA Judges, during appointments held in Victoria, to support their up-grade application. I do not recall whether or not the requests were approved by SA authorities in advance as the affected individuals seemed to be in charge of the making the arrangements. What I can say is that Dogs SA accepted my reports.
Regards, Robert Tawton
Robert Tawton

Return to General