Dogs SA RAFT Retrieving Seminar

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Dogs SA RAFT Retrieving Seminar

Postby Jessie Hughes » Sat 18 Feb 2023 8:53 pm

Retrieving and Field Trials Advisory Committee

Present a Retrieving Training Seminar

With Greg Playdon & Russell Whitechurch

The Dogs SA RAFT Advisory Committee is pleased to present a training seminar by two of Australia’s most successful retrieving trial competitors. This is a rare opportunity to learn from some of the best in the game. The format for the seminar starts in the classroom in the morning, followed by some practical demonstrations later in the day.

Please note this is a theory seminar covering all aspects of training a dog for retrieving trials, there will be some practical demonstrations but you will not be working with your own dog. Due to the length of the seminar - 9 am until approximately 3 pm - we suggest that you leave your dog at home.

Saturday 4th March 2023 Commences 9 am

David Roche Park (Dogs SA Grounds) Cromwell Road Kilburn

The seminar will be conducted in the newly renovated meeting rooms that were previously the office area which are through the front bitumen car park near the buildings, then along Ian’s Way (western end of grounds) to the rear car park.

There are conformation shows on that day so the Dogs SA canteen will be open or you can bring your own refreshments.

Please book by emailing Jessie Hughes on Jessie.h@adam.com.au so that we have an idea of numbers of people attending. (Phone 0407 253 750 if no email).

Russell has asked me to add: Included in the seminar are videos of dogs doing what the presenters are explaining so that you can see the foundation work put into practice.

There is no charge for this seminar.

Jessie HUGHES
For Dogs SA RAFT
Jessie Hughes

Re: Dogs SA RAFT Retrieving Seminar

Postby Bob Pickworth » Mon 06 Mar 2023 8:30 am

I was wondering if the seminar Greg and Russell presented was available online, or a vid? I’d love to see / hear it ( couldn’t make it due to distance)
Bob
Bob Pickworth

Postby Jessie Hughes » Wed 08 Mar 2023 6:57 pm

Sorry Bob, it's not. I think you're in NSW, get Peter Butterfield to get him up there !! Well worth it.

Jessie Hughes
Jessie Hughes

Postby Peter Butterfield » Thu 09 Mar 2023 6:28 am

Hmm! ...not a bad idea.
Peter Butterfield
Board Admin

Postby Jessie Hughes » Thu 09 Mar 2023 11:26 pm

Greg and Russell come as a pair; Russell lives in SA now !!!
Jessie Hughes

Return to General