The Official 2006 National Coverage Thread

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Diploma of Merit

Postby Allan Bartram » Mon 25 Sep 2006 11:45 am

Hi All,
What has not yet been mentioned in the results is that Russell was also awareded a Diploma of Merit for Kita's exceptional work at the National.
She averaged 47.25 pts per run, a truly remarkable achievement.

A Diploma of Merit (D.M.)(as opposed to a Certificate of Merit C.M.)can only be awarded at the judges discretion to dogs in Championship or National Championship trials who complete the stake and, in the opionion of the Judges aquit themselves with exceptional merit on ALL runs.

Very few dogs are awarded this distinction.

Hearty congratulations Russell, Michelle and of course Kita

More on the National when I've recovered !!!

Cheers Allan
Allan Bartram

Postby Maureen Cooper » Mon 25 Sep 2006 2:24 pm

Very hearty congratulations to the Victorians, you all must be very thrilled and special congrats also to Russell and Michelle and Mark and Wendy.

Mark, you must be over the moon with those results and to everyone who does not have a file full of pedigrees as I have, both the winning Beeregan littermates are predominantly show lines! There is one RT Ch on the 4 generation pedigree and she is in the 4th generation! Just goes to prove that show bred dogs can perform every bit as well as trial bred ones and those of us who combine the lines know what we are doing!!! I used similar lines behind a litter of mine and produced a show champion and a dual (RT and OC)champion! Well done Mark and Wendy :D

Also well done to Georgina and Buzz on finishing! I hope the WA organised a Lady Handler Trophy for you! Hard luck to the three ladies who were the only ones to go out on the very last day but getting to that last day was an achievement in itself so well done to you all.

Maureen
Maureen Cooper

2006 National WA

Postby Raymond Johnson » Tue 26 Sep 2006 12:44 am

Congratulation Georgina Golle & Buzz. :D

As a handler being short & running a small Springer, you have the odds against you.
But Buzz got better & better as the trial went on.
7th Run, Double Blind & a Mark, Buzz work was VERY IMPRESSIVE.
Well Done,
Ray Johnson WA
Raymond Johnson

Postby Kerry Webster » Tue 26 Sep 2006 9:08 am

The minor awards for the National Championships were as follows:

Best Veteran: Tike (Grd R.T.Ch Reveirter Jet Kite) Noel Eltringham

Best Non Retrieving Champion: Rocket (Tockatunga Little Rascal) Russell Whitechurch

Teams Trophy: Kita (Beereegan Gunbower) Russell Kennon, Swampy (Beereegan One Tree) Mark Davis, Rocket (Tockatunga Little Rascal).

Highest Placed Golden Retriever: Tosca (R.T.Ch Mhadaidh Hot Cinnamon) Kerry Webster

Highest Placed Labrador Retriever: Kita (R.T.Ch Beereegan Gunbower) Russell Kennon

Youngest Dog to Complete the Trial: Syd (Tockatunga Slick Willie) Russell Whitechurch

Youngest Dog to Complete First Day: Tug (Reveirter Snow Storm) Noel Eltringham

Best Run Award: Ray Johnson: Tank (R.T.Ch Tanks a Heap) Robert Tawton (Run 3)

Best Run Award: Mike McClure: Swampy (Nat.R.T.Ch Beereegan One Tree) Mark Davis (Run 8)
Kerry Webster

Full list of National Finishers and scores

Postby Allan Bartram » Wed 27 Sep 2006 11:07 am

Apologies for the delay but here is the list of finishers of the 2006 Nattional

1st Rt Ch Beereegan Gunbower (Lab B ) R Kennon . Vic. 378pts
2nd Nat Rt Ch Beereegan One Tree (Lab D ) M. Davis. Vic 320pts
3rd Grd Rt Ch Revierter Jet Kite (Lab D) N. Eltringham Vic.319pts
4th Grd Rt Ch Kadnook Pride Ov Cork (Lab D) G. Tawton Vic. 315pts
5th Nat Rt Ch Adderslot Crackers Triga (Lab B) R. Whitechurch Vic. 309pts
6th Grd Rt Ch Kaemaje All Black (Lab D) J. Vella NSW 299pts
7th Tockatunga Slick Willie (Lab D) R.Whitechurch Vic. 294pts
8th Rt Ch Horrissapit Surprise (Lab B) R.Ashenden SA. 293pts
9thRt Ch Wrangham Buzz Around (ESS) Mrs. G Golle QLD. 289pts
10th Tockatunga Little Rascal (Lab B) R. Whitechurch Vic. 242pts

Cogratulations to all finishers

Allan
Allan Bartram

National handler

Postby Raymond Johnson » Wed 27 Sep 2006 11:22 am

Sorry to hear one of the WA handler, Tom Morris, had a heart attack, believe to be on the Saturday 23rd. Tom was at the trial on Friday.
Tom in hospital & hope for a speady recovery.
Hope Marg his wife is coping.

Ray, June & Eleanor WA
Raymond Johnson

Re: National handler

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 27 Sep 2006 12:00 pm

Raymond Johnson wrote:Sorry to hear one of the WA handler, Tom Morris, had a heart attack, believe to be on the Saturday 23rd. Tom was at the trial on Friday.
Tom in hospital & hope for a speady recovery.
Hope Marg his wife is coping.

Ray, June & Eleanor WA

That is bad news. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery Tom.

Kerry Webster wrote:The minor awards for the National Championships were as follows:

Allan Bartram wrote:Apologies for the delay but here is the list of finishers of the 2006 National

Thanks Kerry and Allan for posting the additional information. I will incorporate it into the report pages when I get a chance.

Regards, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Jackie Price » Thu 28 Sep 2006 5:32 am

Congratulations to all minor winners, very disappointed that there was not a highest scoring Lady Handler or minor breed award, or was these awards just omitted from the list of winners?
Jackie Price
Jackie Price

Postby Diane McCann » Thu 28 Sep 2006 9:23 am

Jackie_Price wrote:Congratulations to all minor winners, very disappointed that there was not a highest scoring Lady Handler or minor breed award, or was these awards just omitted from the list of winners?
Jackie Price

Was there a highest scoring man handler award? :wink:

Congratulations Russell and Kita, what a fantastic effort. Well done to all of the finishers. The finishing list shows the great strength of Victorian trialling, breeding and training - and why I aspire to stay in restricted forever!

Trust that everyone who entered the National had a great time.

Diane
Diane McCann

Postby Kerry Webster » Thu 28 Sep 2006 10:06 am

Dianne,

There was no award for a Lady Handler. W.A. tends not to differentiate between genders (a handler is a handler, regardless). As the majority of handlers here are female, we get very used to having a male handler as the odd one out and not the other way round.

I too wish to offer my congratulations to Georgina and Buzz on their achievement in finishing the Nationals. If not for a lapse in my concentration on that 8th run, I would have been joining you. I blame it on the snakes in the hide !!!!

Four lady handlers got through to the third day, three Queenslanders, Laurelle Draper and Inca, Georgina Golle and Buzz and Jackie Duffy and Doc, and, one West Australian, myself and Tosca. Two, Georgina and myself made it to run 8. The runs were very challenging & all of us were so proud of our dogs.

Tosca is two months off her 12th birthday and I have decided to retire her from competition, and to finish her trialling career on such a high, is all that I could have asked of her. The only W.A. dog to get through to Day three of the Nationals, the only W.A. dog to finish the W.A. State Champs, and finishes in her last four A/A trials prior to that.

Thank you to my trialling friends who gave me and Tosca encouragement, support and recognition. Although retired Tos will still go out training with the other dogs, maybe be pickup dog at some trials so she still feels involved, and I might get her back into obedience, who knows. I will miss not trialing her and I hope she is missed by fellow trialers too.

Cheers to my gorgeous and great Golden, Tosca.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Diane McCann » Thu 28 Sep 2006 10:13 am

Kerry Webster wrote: Dianne
There was no award for a Lady Handler. W.A. tends not to differentiate between genders (a handler is a handler, regardless).

I agree Kerry, I guess that was my point, (tongue in cheek).

Congratulations on all that you have achieved with Tosca. I have not had the pleasure of meeting yourself or your dog but it sounds as though you have reason to be proud - and isn't it nice that you have had so many years of enjoying each others company whilst doing what you both enjoy so much!

Cheers, Diane
Diane McCann

Postby Maureen Cooper » Thu 28 Sep 2006 12:22 pm

Must admit I agree with Jackie Price! I won the Lady Handler trophy in WA in 1994 and know it was donated by Allan Bartram and it remains one of my most treasured trophies and on permanent display.

I have just done the stats of lady handlers since 1988 as I have all the catalogues and the highest percentage was in WA in 1994 when it was 34% ie 17 out of 50 handlers but 4 ladies ran two dogs so the actual number of ladies entered was actually 13. Percentages are mostly around the 22% and only in the WA years are figures higher as Kerry states that they do have more lady handlers there. In 1988, 90 to 92 and many other years the percentages are more around the 14-18%.

I feel that the ladies should be acknowledged because as I once mentioned in a thread, we tend to work, cook and perform a host of homemaker duties whereas most men just work and train their dogs!!!! We make up under a quarter of the handlers and I dont see any Lady handlers knocking back their trophies but they do chase them!!!

I know I have for years organised the trophy in NSW, either donating as an individual or requesting the ladies donate towards it which they have willingly done. It seems up to individual States handlers to organise or the committee to do but I really feel it is an important trophy and am all too happy to donate one to Victoria next year if they are not going to do one!

Maureen
Maureen Cooper

Postby Jason Ferris » Thu 28 Sep 2006 1:07 pm

Maureen Cooper wrote:I feel that the ladies should be acknowledged because as I once mentioned in a thread, we tend to work, cook and perform a host of homemaker duties whereas most men just work and train their dogs!!!!

Maybe Gareth and I should sponsor a "highest scoring handler with a child under the age of 4" trophy at the national next year! :P :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Gareth Tawton » Thu 28 Sep 2006 2:23 pm

Maureen wrote

I feel that the ladies should be acknowledged because as I once mentioned in a thread, we tend to work, cook and perform a host of homemaker duties whereas most men just work and train their dogs!!!!

What a crock of sh..... is what I think but Siobhan couldn't agree more so work that out.

Diane,

Siobhan has offered to fill the role of "man handler" at the next national. She seems to think she could whip a few of the boys into line and if not have a great time trying. She would like to know if collars and whips are OK :wink:

Gareth
[/quote]
Gareth Tawton

Postby Diane McCann » Thu 28 Sep 2006 2:45 pm

Gareth Tawton wrote:
Diane,

Siobhan has offered to fill the role of "man handler" at the next national. She seems to think she could whip a few of the boys into line and if not have a great time trying. She would like to know if collars and whips are OK :wink:

Gareth
[/quote]

Now that is something that I would pay to see! Collars and whips would be compulsory, some of those boys could probably benefit from a little elecricity as well.

Siobhan, you have 12 months to perfect your technique, I am sure Gareth will be an obliging practice 'man'.

Diane
Diane McCann

PreviousNext

Return to 2006