NSW Gundog Society trials 22/23 May

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Postby Maureen Cooper » Tue 25 May 2004 2:21 pm

To those interstaters and others unaware of the pet names of our dogs the official results of the GDS trial on Sunday are as follows:

Novice: Judge Mr F Pensko ACT

1. J Palmer Featherhunt Slippery Sam Lab D 150 pts
2. Mrs F Tidswell Adderslot Crackers Annie Lab B 143 pts
3. J Vella Kaemajae The Trump Lab D 137 pts

Restricted had two finishers but Fred non awarded due to the standard of work.

All Age: Judge N Eltringham VIC

1. J Vella RT Ch Kaemajae All Black Lab D 129 pts
2. G Tawton RT Ch Kadnook Pride Ov Cork Lab D 127 pts
3. J Lynch Lowther Breeze Lab B 119 pts
4. J Lynch RT Ch Coalsgarth Nina Lab B ?

" Breeze" has her title but not notified by the RNSWCC as yet .

Thanks, Kate, for Saturday's results and to all the helpers we had on the day at all Stakes and to David Mills for arranging the property and shearers quarters for the club. Everyone had a great time and Sat. night was great too from what I heard and thanks to Flo, Maureen, Mary and Christine and everyone who helped feed the multitude on Saturday.

Maureen
Maureen Cooper

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Tue 25 May 2004 2:32 pm

Hi Maureen,

Thanks for the providing more detailed results.

Any chance we could see some point scores for Saturday's placegetters too?

Teresap
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Maureen Cooper » Tue 25 May 2004 3:07 pm

Points for the Saturday trial are as follows:

Novice: Jenny and Monty got 121pts
Joe and Trump 120pts
Noel and Ski 106
and fourth was Flo Tidswell and Adderslot Crackers Annie with 81 pts.

Restricted: Kirsty and Nelson had 123 pts
Rod and Meg 112 pts
Laraine and Niamh had 90 pts

All Age: Graeme and Major had 141 pts
Jack and Jill 125 pts
Bob and Tank 123 pts
and fourth was Gareth and RT Ch Kadnook Pride Ov Cork 118 pts.

We don't tend to bother much with recording points in NSW trials, in fact some judges don't even give them out! Nor do they name 4th place but we are starting to ask for it to give encouragement to someone who might not normally feature in the places given the high profile triallers we have up here !!!! Wish I could do smilies!!!! Apologies for the pet names but Kate did correctly name the dogs in her Saturday results and I have not got time to do them all again.
Maureen
Maureen Cooper

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Tue 25 May 2004 3:17 pm

Thanks Maureen. I only asked after them because we're so used to seeing points down here that results almost look incomplete without them! :lol: :lol: :lol: (there, I've put some smilies in for you!)

Maureen, you can make your own 'smilies' by clicking on the 'Emoticon' of your choice - these are displayed to the left of the box where you type your reply!

Congratulations again to Kirsty and Nelson on their RRD. To all other placegetters, job well done! Can anyone tell me if Joanne and Lara competed on this occasion and if so, how their dogs fared?

Teresap
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Joanne Hagan » Tue 25 May 2004 6:50 pm

Congratulations Kirsty & Nelson on gaining your RRD title. I am pretty sure that we met last year at the ACT May trials - I was there with my little liver/white GSP bitch just watching.

Congrats also to Bob & Tank, a wonderful achievement for your first run in All Age.

Cheers
Joanne
Joanne Hagan

Postby Joanne Hagan » Wed 26 May 2004 9:32 am

Teresa wrote:

Can anyone tell me if Joanne and Lara competed on this occasion and if so, how their dogs fared?

Hi Teresa,

I was entered but did not attend, I have some more training to do with Jake before I trial him again, I hope to run him again soon, just need to work on some things first. Lara went on Sunday but I don't think she did any good that day - it is so great seeing a Viszla being trialled :D

Ciao

Joanne
Joanne Hagan

Postby Lara Sedgmen » Wed 26 May 2004 2:36 pm

Hi Teresa,

We attended on the Sunday. Lets just say our highlight for the weekend was winning the raffle :roll:

Jo, I am going to have to beat you around the head until you spell Vizsla right!!

Lara.
Lara Sedgmen

Postby Joanne Hagan » Wed 26 May 2004 4:11 pm

It's cause I type too fast Lara - my fingers are dyslexic :D

Jo (now worried about being beat up by Lara)
Joanne Hagan

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Wed 26 May 2004 4:20 pm

Hi there Jo and Lara!

Sounds as though you're both still pretty keen and that's all important - hopefully your dogs are too! :wink: I'm sorry you didn't get through again Lara but believe me, if you keep at it, it will happen.

In the meantime, be sure to keep up the good work. There aren't enough GSP's, Vizslas (or women) in Retrieving Trials. :lol:

Teresa
Teresa Parkinson

Congratulations

Postby Garrick Bridges » Wed 26 May 2004 10:01 pm

Well done on the win and title, Kirsty.
Teresa, I don't think you need to worry as you will be able to chat with Kirsty when you are both competing in All Age next easter.

Garrick
Garrick Bridges

Postby Joanne Hagan » Wed 26 May 2004 10:36 pm

Hi Teresa,

Well the weather on the Sunday at our trial was almost enough to put me off...that and the car locking incident LOL
Nope, I have even started working with the other 2 dogs now too and had a minor success last weekend in getting Miss Precious to finally agree that pigeon feathers are not so bad and yes, she can go out, pick it up and bring it back to me- and boy you should've seen the grin on that dogs face when she realised what a good dog she was :lol:

Happy trainning, hope we catch up again at a trial sometime soon

Cheers
Jo
Joanne Hagan

Previous

Return to 2003-4