importing

Advertise dogs, puppies and anything retrieving related for sale, swap or to give away here. Please use the sticky post at the top of this forum to advertise stud dogs. No Commercial or Retail Ads please.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Re: importing

Postby Joe Law » Sun 09 Feb 2014 9:36 am

Peter Betteridge wrote:
this conversation is beginning to dumbfound me
people are going on and on about training methods which is irrelevant to the topic of discussing importing of high quality bloodlines

Peter, it seems to me the topic was simply an advertisement notifying potentially interested people of a possible sale in the "FOR SALE" section. Has it not occurred to you that the irrelevance may have started when you decided to hijack the topic by bad mouthing what was being offered?
Joe Law

Postby Peter Betteridge » Sun 09 Feb 2014 9:45 am

no it hadn't occurred to me Joe because i haven't bad mouthed Dales import
If u had read a little more carefully u would have seen that
i simply questioned whether other more high profile breedings would be a better fit given he is going to so much trouble and expense
everyone on this thread has wished Dale well and applauded his efforts myself included
Peter Betteridge

Postby Joe Law » Sun 09 Feb 2014 12:15 pm

For Sale
Advertise dogs, puppies and anything retrieving related for sale, swap or to give away here. Please use the sticky post at the top of this forum to advertise stud dogs.
Moderators: Lara Sedgmen, Peter Butterfield

It just seems to me that much of this discussion would have been more appropriately held elsewhere without reference to particular dogs in the advertisement and to other breeders and their dogs.
Joe Law

Postby Kerry Webster » Sun 09 Feb 2014 5:43 pm

Good luck Dale in your endeavour; a pretty gutsy one I must say. I still believe that temperament and soundness are the two top requirements from any dog, and you would have done your homework on the background of the dogs you are importing into Australia. We all have our own ideas on what comes close to the "perfect" dog and I'm sure you are hoping your imports are tilting the odds in that direction.

Gareth and his partners too, in sharing the cost of importing a bitch in whelp, is a costly venture, and I applaud you all on having the foresight to do this and add to the genepool available in Australia.
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Dale Marshall » Sun 09 Feb 2014 7:41 pm

Thanks Kerry, For myself it is all very exciting with the first bitch from Ireland arriving in April, Tara will be two years old on arrival. I sourced her as an adult dog for many reasons which I am sure you can understand.
I am lucky my Uncle is a retired gamekeeper and has a good eye for dogs.To have a bitch out of Tweedshot Trimble of Lettergreen the current Irish champion is a bonus and she is a very nice looking fox red.( in my eyes) All the right medical clearances and hopefully a good breeding bitch. The chocolate bitch was sourced by a friend who is a pro trainer at 7 months old , Lonny spent a couple of days assessing the dog and recommended I buy her, he has been training her for the last 16 months so I can only hope she can compete at a reasonable level, Storm arrives in May.
Also have a six month old puppy out of English Ftch Brackenbird Minnow, residing now in the USA being trained until Export,
Might sound strange but it was cheaper to send to USA 400 pound airfare plus boarding and training is cheaper in the USA , also the airfare is cheaper from USA to Aus than Uk to Aus.
Time will tell and hopefully turn out ok, not many Black Caviar,s out there.
Regards
Dale
Dale Marshall

Postby brettdavidson » Tue 11 Feb 2014 8:43 pm

Dale just a suggestion with the uk KC pedigree don't get it sent to the USA. Get it sent directly here. Otherwise your uk bitch that is residing in America at the moment will say imported USA on her ankc pedigree. Just speaking from experience. Nothing worst than have a wonderfully bred dog that the ankc then destroys with their rules and regs regarding registrations. Cheers Brett
brettdavidson

Previous

Return to For Sale