GunDog Club of W.A. All Age Results 17/7/11

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

GunDog Club of W.A. All Age Results 17/7/11

Postby Kerry Webster » Mon 18 Jul 2011 3:16 pm

The GunDog Club held an All Age trial at Goomalling on Sunday. We were blessed with a beautiful mild day, just perfect for trialing, although a breeze could have been helpful for a few dogs during the course of the trial.

GUNDOG CLUB OF W.A.
17/7/11
JUDGE; MR. A BARTRAM

Dogs Entered: 20

1st Place: R.T.Ch Altiquin Glory (Imp Ire) UD JDM ADM (Lab. bitch) Maggie Hankinson 159 points

2nd Place: R.T. Ch Featherhunt Joshua (Lab. Dog) Judy Pannett 158 points

3rd Place: R.T. Ch Birdelhund All The Way (Lab. bitch) Lyn Wise 151 points
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Re: GunDog Club of W.A. All Age Results 17/7/11

Postby Allan Bartram » Mon 18 Jul 2011 8:37 pm

Hello, I have never replied to anything but would just like to say a big thankyou to Iain Macdonald who worked out in the field all day yesterday and all the handlers who went out and worked, this is a new concept here in WA. I think WA is fantastic and I'm not biased!!!! (? a little bit). Allan put on a very testing, technical trial that allowed the dogs to show what they are capable of achieving. 19 dogs started, 8 went into the last run with 6 finishing.The runs were tight but that's what Allan wanted and the dogs that finished rose to the occasion.Congratulations to the winners and well done to ALL competitors. Catherine x
Allan Bartram

Postby Heather Ellis » Fri 22 Jul 2011 7:14 pm

I've no doubt it was a great trial! Just wish I didn't have dogs that come in season!!!!!!!!!!!
Very close results so obviously very testing. Well done to all
Cheers
Heather
Heather Ellis

Postby Gareth Tawton » Fri 22 Jul 2011 9:23 pm

Hi Catherine,

WA handlers should consider themselves lucky to have lasted so long without having to steward. It is common place in most states that handlers steward. It seems to be a reality of our sport now.

You have every reason to be bias we are already looking forward to a trip west for the National next year as you guys always put on a "great show". Personally I have a little issue of getting some dogs qualified but I hope to have that covered in time.

Gareth

PS Just a little worried why Heather has a dog in season. Over East bitches come in season :wink: I hope you lot aren't that backwards.
Gareth Tawton

Postby Heather Ellis » Sun 24 Jul 2011 3:46 pm

Just testing to see if Easterners are awake or not Gareth!
Might have guessed you'd be the one to pick it up!!!
Hope ALL over there are gearing up to come to the better side of Oz next year. Plans already afoot for the best National possible!
Cheers
Heather
Heather Ellis

Return to 2011