Results RAFTCOSA 22nd and 23rd August 2020

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Results RAFTCOSA 22nd and 23rd August 2020

Postby Jessie Hughes » Tue 25 Aug 2020 3:35 am

Another great week-end of trialling in SA at Barmera/Moorook Field & Game property at Loveday. Very windy the first day but the weather was good the next day. An all SA affair once again and our freshly trained Covid-19 marshals (Julie, Lynne, Jessie) on “duty” - another requirement of our Government to be able to run events. At least we are still allowed to have 1,000 people at our retrieving trials (!!) with plenty of acreage to social distance !

Good to see Graeme Allen and Didja back competing and straight away qualified again for All Age by winning the Novice Stake and then a win and a place in Restricted after being disqualified by Dogs SA for not re-registering the dog in his name. (all wins and placings were forfeited).
Graeme didn’t notice until he went to the office to register an RRD title. Please check your pedigree to see that your dog is entered in the owner’s name that it is registered in - don't let this happen to you ! It caused an interstate competitor here last year to be disqualified as well. Our rules in SA put the onus on the breeder to transfer the dog into the new owner’s name within 14 days; apparently not so interstate.

Saturday 22nd August

Novice Stake Judge Tor Bakkeland (SA) 5 entries
1st Ellishea Wyatts Didja (AI), Gold B, Graeme Allen 159 pts
2nd Reveirter Abhainn Blackwater (AI) NRA, Lab B, L Lennell & R Dolphin 147 pts
No other places awarded

Restricted Stake Judge Tor Bakkeland (SA) 6 entries
1st Ch Blackboy Cinnamon NRD, Lab B, A & M Putterill 154 pts
2nd Ellishea Wyatts Didja (AI), Gold B, Graeme Allen 152 pts
NFF

All Age Stake Judge Jeff Patrick (SA) 4 entries
1st RT Ch Nativerun Angus, Lab D, R Ashenden 166 pts
NFF

Sunday 23rd August

Restricted Stake Judge Jeff Patrick (SA) 6 entries, 1 scratched
1st Ellishea Wyatts Didja (AI), Gold B, Graeme Allen 158 pts
2nd Ch Lukedom Eyez On The Starz ET RAE CDX ORA QND NRD, Wei D, Lynne Webster 149 pts
NFF

All Age Stake Judge Graeme Allen (SA) 4 entries
1st RT Ch Nativerun Angus, Lab D, R Ashenden 149 pts
NFF

Novice Stake Judge Graeme Allen (SA) 5 entries
No places awarded

Marked catalogue will be sent to RA.

Jessie Hughes
Secretary
Jessie Hughes

Re: Results RAFTCOSA 22nd and 23rd August 2020

Postby Heather Ellis » Tue 25 Aug 2020 6:26 pm

Interesting point Jessie! My understanding is that the new owner must re-register their dog in their own state once the papers have been signed and sent to the puppy owner. Certainly all other pups I've sent interstate, including Didjas 3 littermates, have been re-registered without any problem soon after their arrival. If I had known there was a difference in SA I certainly would have attended to it immediately.
I'd also be interested in how this could have happened to an interstate competitor visiting SA as their dog should have been registered in their own state....not SA.
Could we have more detail so that,as you so correctly stated, nobody else is caught in the same dilemma?
Thanks for bringing this to the fore Jessie
Heather Ellis

Postby Jessie Hughes » Wed 26 Aug 2020 11:55 am

Hi Heather

This was a general suggestion that people check their papers, as did several in retrieving here who have dogs from interstate, once we heard about Graeme's dilemma. I believe the Rules re transfer of ownership are different in the other States, however in SA, our breeders, or those selling an older dog, have to comply with this:

RULES Of the South Australian Canine Association Inc Trading as Dogs SA
PART IV REGISTRATION
A. GENERAL
Transfers and Leases
20. (a) When the ownership of a registered dog has been changed, or a lease arranged, the transferor or lessor as the case maybe shall lodge an application to register the transfer or lease accompanied by the prescribed fee with the Executive Officer within fourteen days of such disposition.

From your WA Rules:
11.7 When transferring a dog, the vendor or new owner is required to pay the required fee for the transfer.

You have to comply with what your State Rules are, not what ours are, so it was up to Graeme to do the transfer; an unfortunate oversight. The problem arose as Didja's pedigree wasn't in Graeme's name on the pedigree prior to his entering her in competitions; If he hadn't gone in to apply for his RRD title no-one would have been any the wiser and much better to find out now than when they get RT CH!

In relation to interstate competitors, they would still have to have the dog transferred into their name before they enter and compete any-where - otherwise the entry is invalid, as in this case.

Hope I've answered everything, if you want more perhaps email me at Jessie.h@adam.com.au

The fantastic news is that last week-end when Graeme and Didja were able to compete (in 2 Restricted Stakes and a Novice for 2 wins and a 2nd), they are back where they want to be and eligible to compete in All Age again. Graeme is such a hard worker for Retrieving in SA and I for one wish him every success with Didja; it will be very well deserved!

regards
Jessie
Jessie Hughes

Postby Heather Ellis » Wed 26 Aug 2020 12:06 pm

Thanks for the response Jessie! Certainly relieved that it's been cleared up. Yes my understanding had always been that it was up to the new owner to re-register. Just relieved that Graeme did sort it before he got much further. Great achievement on the weekend!!
Thanks again for your detailed response. I really appreciate it.
Heather Ellis

Return to 2020