robert milner site

Post questions about training here to draw on the collective knowledge of the bulletin board members!

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

robert milner site

Postby Maureen Cooper » Sun 30 Oct 2005 12:44 pm

Thanks to Alan Donovan for the posting to the site http://www.fetchpup.com mentioned in the previous thread.Had a look at it and there is a very good thread for breeders mentioned in the'Training Articles' section and then clicking on to the Trained vs Inherited behaviour section, and especially note 6 of calm vs hyperactive natures. He alludes to the hyperactivity being bred into American Field lines in several places on his site and the problems being created.

After nearly 19 yrs of competing in Retrieving trials and breeding Labs for trials,show,and pet, I agree with so much of what is written by him. Must now find time to read ALL of his articles! I had forgotten about his site.
Thank you, Alan.

Maureen
Maureen Cooper

Re: robert milner site

Postby FOM - Lainee » Sat 21 Jan 2006 9:02 am

Maureen Cooper wrote:He alludes to the hyperactivity being bred into American Field lines in several places on his site and the problems being created.

Hogwash about the hypersctivity being bred into American Field lines! :roll:

I love his book, love some of his straight foward approach to training, but I do not like his warped sense of understanding of the American Field Trial dog! :evil: Complete and TOTAL hogwash!

FOM
FOM - Lainee

Return to Training Q&A