2021 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS CANCELLATION NOTICE

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

2021 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS CANCELLATION NOTICE

Postby Ron Jackson » Sat 14 Aug 2021 8:51 am

It is with a heavy heart that, on behalf the Dogs Qld RAFT, I must advise the 2021 Retrieving Trial National Championship has been cancelled.

The RAFT wish to thank everyone for your support through this difficult time. The ever increasing Covid situation has made the running of this trial no longer viable.

This decision has not been taken lightly and has made out of respect for our interstate Judges, those who offered to travel just to steward, and competitors. Even if Queensland does not lock down, which is still on the cards given the Covid creep towards us now, the committee felt this course of action necessary to maintain the reputation and credibility of a National Retrieving Championship. We held on as long as we could.

I personally, was so looking forward to showcasing our beautiful Scenic Rim and catching up with everyone. So many plans halted and now cancelled. Although husband will now be able to stop rolling his eyes every time I save yet another tin can for my surprise decorations. I feel sad.

We trust you will understand and continue to support us. We also thank our wonderful judges for their commitment to the end, Alan Bartram and Paul Towning, and our back up judge Paul Littlejohn. Special mention to our grounds nominee for all his hard work, Callum Curtis and our chief equipment steward, Darryl O'Mahoney for all your work in preparation and to Ron for putting up with my drama.

Throughout this time people have lost loved ones, not been able to attend funerals, not been about to be with family in hospital, not been able to share important events, weddings, births etc. Major National Dog Shows have been cancelled, Ag shows cancelled, as our own Beaudesert Show, scheduled for September, has just now been cancelled, jobs have been lost and people suffered far more than us not being able to conduct a Retrieving Trial.

Stay safe and well my dear friends, till we meet again.

(PS 150 clean tin cans going cheap.)
Cathie Jackson. - RAFT Secretary
Ron Jackson

Return to 2021